Last night we had to go to the Emergency Room for our 2 year old. It’s no fun when you know they are hurt but they can’t really tell you how or how bad.

He was horseplaying with his Aunt (whose only 13 herself) when he landed wrong on his arm. He kept crying “My arm, my arm” but it was anywhere from his upper arm to his wrist. We would get him calmed down but then we would shift him in our laps and he would start crying again. He would not lift it or wiggle his fingers for us. He didn’t even want to eat dinner, even though he was just telling us he was hungry. After 30 – 45 minutes and a dozen different bribes to try and get him to use his arm, we decided we better get it checked out. So we loaded up the car with all of us, no-one wanted to wait at home, and off we went. He wouldn’t even walk for us so I carried him in to the ER and with a calm voice said, “I think we have an injured arm.” They took us in and after the nurse, resident and a doc checked him, they decided it would be best to x-ray it!

Of course I felt that only his mommy could make him feel better so I had to carry him all the way to the x-ray room. They leaded me up and covered his little pelvic area and started taking pictures. It was hard to explain that he had to lay still while picture were being taken, especially since he didn’t want his ‘picture’ taken, he was in pain. But he did really well and the tech came over with stickers of Thomas the train. I knew there was definitely something wrong when he wouldn’t even grab them!

Well an HOUR later the doctor finally comes in and tells us the x-rays were normal. Then he walks over to Wonder Boy and as he is reaching for him says, ‘Let me just try . . . . ‘ and then he says. ‘That’s what I thought, it’s popped back in.’

ME: “What’s popped in? WHAT’S POPPED IN??”

Apparently his elbow what slightly dislocated. He cried a little and then was absolutely fine! He wanted to walk around, he was giving Daddy high-fives, he was looking in cabinets. He did a complete 180 from how he was just a minute ago. It was a freakin miracle! Thank goodness we took him to the ER, I had no clue that he dislocated his elbow.

We were sent home with instructions to try and ice it over the next couple of days and give him Tylenol or IBuprofren when needed. We need to take it easy over the next two weeks and try and not let him fall or get pulled by his arm. But he’s doing great. And this morning when I asked him how is arm was, he patted it and said, “Feel better”. And he’s been playing normally all day.

I tell ya, how quickly kids bounce back!